Applications: Interested and eligible applicants will submit an application through our online process and upload or mail required supporting documents in the fall of the applicant’s senior year. The application includes questions and requests statements that will permit the Board of the Foundation to assess each applicant’s qualifications according to the selection criteria. See What’s New for 2017-2018 for important information.
Review and Selection: The Board will review the applications and conduct in-person interviews of the finalists. The recipient(s) will be announced following the interviews.
Scholarship Agreement: The scholarship recipient will be required to sign a written agreement setting forth the terms and conditions of the scholarship, including: (i) the specific purpose of the scholarship; (ii) its amount and duration; (iii) conditions and procedures for renewal; (iv) the institution to which it will be paid; (v) requirements for reports, if any, including the due dates for such reports; and (vi) any other expectations of the recipient during the scholarship period.
Payment of Scholarship: Upon deciding which college he or she will attend, the scholarship recipient will notify the Foundation of his or her college choice, and the Foundation will make arrangements to forward a check for payment of the scholarship award to the scholarship recipient’s institution.
Renewal: Scholarship recipients must submit transcripts at the end of each quarter/semester for renewal of the scholarship.
Important Dates to Apply in Fall 2017 for Fall 2018 Award
- Application Opens: Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Public Meeting on Las Animas Goree and Princeton Goree Scholarships: Sunday, September 10, 2017
- Deadline for Submission of Applications and Supporting Materials: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Applicants are Notified of Board’s Decisions on Finalists: Monday, November 20, 2017
- Finalist Interviews: Sunday, December 10, 2017
- Finalists Informed of Board’s Decisions on Recipients and Alternates: Monday, December 18, 2017
- Deadline for Recipients to respond to the Foundation’s offer of a scholarship and, if accepting a scholarship, to inform the Foundation of their college choice and to submit required financial information if they are seeking a needs-based award in addition to their minimum award. Tuesday, May 1, 2018