Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Mary John Goree Las Animas County Scholarship:
- High school senior (unless a renewing student – if so, please see Scholarship Renewal)
- Bona fide, legal and actual resident of Las Animas County Colorado*
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Plan to enroll full-time in a fully accredited four-year college in the United States (other than Princeton University). [Junior colleges and trade schools are not eligible for consideration.]
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) or a minimum ACT composite score of 24 or a minimum SAT combined math and evidence-based reading and writing test score of 1100.
All qualified students are encouraged to apply, regardless of gender, creed, ethnic origin, race or sexual orientation. No preference is given based on a student’s choice of college or university, high school, or financial need. Members of the families, as defined in Internal Revenue Code Section 4946, of Foundation directors are not eligible.
*Please note that this residency requirement is strictly construed and enforced. To avoid disappointment and to facilitate planning for financing your education, we invite prospective applicants (including underclass students) and their families to contact us by emailing David Vandermeulen at email@example.com with any questions you may have about your residency status.