Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Mary John Goree Las Animas County Scholarship:
- High school senior (unless a renewing student – if so, please see Scholarship Renewal)
- Bona fide, legal and actual resident of Las Animas County Colorado*
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Plan to enroll full-time in a fully accredited four-year college in the United States (other than Princeton University). [Junior colleges and trade schools are not eligible for consideration.]
- Meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have an UNWEIGHTED cumulative grade point average for the first three years of high school of a 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent IRRESPECTIVE of standardized test scores
- Have an UNWEIGHTED cumulative grade point average for the first three years of high school of 3.60 to 3.74 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent AND have earned a combined score (evidence-based reading and writing and mathematics) of 1,060 or higher on the SAT OR a composite score of 22 or higher on the ACT.
- Have earned a combined score (evidence-based reading and mathematics) of 1,290 or higher on the SAT OR a composite score of 29 or higher on the ACT IRRESPECTIVE of cumulative GPA.
All qualified students are encouraged to apply, regardless of gender, creed, ethnic origin, race or sexual orientation. No preference is given based on a student’s choice of college or university, high school, or financial need. Members of the families, as defined in Internal Revenue Code Section 4946, of Foundation directors are not eligible.
*Please note that this residency requirement is strictly construed and enforced. To avoid disappointment and to facilitate planning for financing your education, we invite prospective applicants (including underclass students) and their families to contact us by emailing David Vandermeulen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about your residency status.