Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Mary John Goree Las Animas County Scholarship:
- High school senior (unless a renewing student – if so, please see Scholarship Renewal)
- Bona fide, legal and actual resident of Las Animas County Colorado*
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Plan to enroll full-time in a fully accredited four-year college in the United States (other than Princeton University). [Trade schools and two-year colleges are not eligible for consideration.]
- Have an unweighted cumulative grade point average for the first three years of high school of a 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent; AND
- Have received a qualifying combined evidence-based reading and writing and mathematics score on the SAT or composite score on the ACT for the student’s unweighted cumulative GPA for the first three years of high school as indicated on this Eligibility Table.
- PSAT scores ARE NOT used to determine eligibility.
All qualified students are encouraged to apply, regardless of gender, creed, ethnic origin, race or sexual orientation. No preference is given based on a student’s choice of college or university, high school, or financial need. Members of the families, as defined in Internal Revenue Code Section 4946, of Foundation directors are not eligible.
*Please note that this residency requirement is strictly construed and enforced. To avoid disappointment and to facilitate planning for financing your education, we invite prospective applicants (including underclass students) and their families to contact us by emailing David Vandermeulen at email@example.com with any questions you may have about your residency status.